Expectations and Ethos
Whole School Expectations and Ethos
We have developed a five point Whole School Expectation and Ethos code, which is as follows:
1. To show care and consideration for others
- I will open a door to let an adult through.
- I will sit nicely and not tip back on my chair.
- I will have kind hands and feet.
- I will think about other people’s feelings.
2. To always listen and talk to school adults and children calmly and politely
- I will use my inside voice around the school at all times.
- I will say if I don’t understand something.
- I will not interrupt whilst an adult is talking.
- I will listen when someone is talking to me.
3. To wear uniform correctly
- I will wear school shoes.
- The only jewellery I will wear will be stud earrings or a watch
- I will not wear scarves, gloves, hats or coats inside the classroom.
- I will not tie my jumper around my waist.
4. To look after school property and the school environment
- I will always ask before using other people’s belongings.
- I will take care of other people’s belongs and school property.
- I will not draw or scribble in or on school books.
5. To follow school rules
- I will keep any show and tell toys in the home box, not on my desk or in my tray.
- I will not go into classrooms before school, at break or dinner time without an adult’s permission.
- I will do what I am asked to do by a school adult.
- I will always tell the truth.
- I will always challenge myself and not give up.